Thursday, October 24, 2013

Red/White Stripped Where's Waldo Hat!

Sorry this is late. 

Okay, I know I said I wanted to post my wedding invitations but honestly, Chris and I woke up later than expected today and the rest of the day I spent working on my Halloween costume. That being said, I didn't really get around to the invites quite yet. I have plenty of time.(The words of procrastination.)

Sooooo, my parents are trying to figure out their costumes for our Halloween party on Saturday and my dad decided to go as Waldo!
 Red duct tape on a white shirt...that'll work out quite well. But what about a hat?

In my mind(on the way to the store) I came up with the perfect crochet pattern in my mind and decided as I make the hat, I'll type it up here for you guys for free! :] You all know how I love free stuff. So let's begin!!


Where's Waldo? Crochet hat

I will use both red and white Red Heart Super Saver yarn for this project. 

Red Heart E300.0319 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Cherry Red

I'm using a size 9-I 5.50MM crochet hook. This is done with red yarn. 
From the beginning, I realize you might think it's weird for me to do a hat like this, but because the way it's shaped, I made it this way.

Foundation row: Chain so the hat will a bit tight on your head.

Row 1: Chain 3. Then double crochet in each stitch around.
Row 2: Slip stitch the last double crochet of the first row and the 3rd chain of the first double crochet together. Chain 3 and double crochet in each stitch around. Slip stitch at the end.
Row 3: Chain 3 and double crochet in first 10. Double crochet the next 2 together to make one stitch. Do this for the rest of the row. Slip stitch to connect.
Row 4: Chain 3 and double crochet in each stitch around.
Row 5 & 6: Chain 3. Double crochet in first 5 stitches, then double crochet next 2 together to make one stitch. Repeat for the rest of the row. Slip stitch together.
Row 7: Switch to your second color(white).  Chain 3. Double crochet in the first 5, then double crochet the next 2 together. Repeat for the rest of the row. Slip stitch together.
Row 8: Repeat row 7, but without switching colors.
Row 9: (Now I need a bit of height) Chain 3, Double crochet in each stitch around. Slip stitch at the end.
Row 10: Chain 3. Double Crochet in first 5, double crochet next 2 together. Repeat. Slip stitch at the end.
Row 11: Chain 3, double crochet in each the whole way around. Slip stitch at the end.
Row 12 & 13: Chain 3, double crochet in first 3 stitches, then double crochet the next 2 together. Repeat around the row. Slip stitch at the end.
Row 14: Chain 3, double crochet in first 2 stitches, then double crochet next 2 together. Repeat for the row, slip stitch at the end.
Row 15:  Chain 3, double crochet in 1 stitch, double crochet next 2. Repeat for the row, slip stitch at the end.
Row 16: Chain 3, double crochet 2 stitches together the whole way around. Put the two sides together, by pulling the string through ,or sew them together. Finish off at the tip of the hat, giving you the pointy "Where's Waldo?" hat.

Make a pom pom, adjust it to the top of your hat and you're complete! :]




Gahhhh!! For some reason, my phone isn't letting me send the picture to my e-mail. So when it finally does, I'll post the picture. Sorry guys!!

I hope you enjoy and if you can help me make this pattern better, please do and comment what I should do to change it! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment